Virtual reality is an artificially created world into which the user is immersed with the help of special gadgets. Today developers create the best VR games, which we will consider in this article.
What are VR games?
Virtual reality (VR) is an utterly digital world created with the help of computer systems that provide a full range of sensations (visual, sound, tactile, and others). Such technologies are widely used in the field of entertainment.
The video game industry and virtual reality glasses industry such as the Oculus Rift and HTC Vive are booming. However, such technology can change not only the world of video games but also the future of mankind.
VR glasses not only get better and lighter but also offer more freedom, fewer wires, more powerful stuffing, and more intuitive controls. This makes gaming V/R gadgets essential for a dedicated player. It is hardly a surprise that more and more people are jumping from console to virtual game – despite the significant costs. In addition to the already known VR glasses, you can use a helmet, special screens, or even a device that projects images on the retina.
Advantages of VR games
Virtual reality is able to take communication between players to a new level thanks to “asynchronous gameplay”. Its essence is as follows: each player has unique information and must share it with others to achieve a common goal. Imagine a team of players using virtual reality goggles to complete a puzzle game. Only one of them sees its solution and has to coordinate the work of team members to pass the level.
The top-rated VR games
We have gathered here the favorite VR games from all platforms, each of which is absolutely worth a look:
- Beat Saber is an awesome VR game in which players use two blades to “fight” with cubes of different colors, which “fly-out” to them in time with the music that the players themselves download. The goal is to score the maximum possible number of points without getting lost during strikes, and without “killing” cubes with blades of the wrong color.
- Tetris Effect is a game from the creator of Infinite and Lumines Tetsuya Mizuguchi, timed to coincide with the 34th anniversary of “Tetris”. Players will find an old familiar game with virtual reality support, unusual music, and surreal backgrounds.
- Damaged Core (Rift) requires a gamepad, but despite this, the gameplay Damaged Core impresses with a full sense of freedom and realism. In the game, artificial intelligence captures robots to seize their weapons and exterminate the human race. Damaged Core combines an exciting plot, realistic graphics, and intense gameplay.
- The Unspoken is a game for those who have dreamed of becoming Gandalf or Dumbledore for even a moment. Here you can enter into a duel with other masters, enchant and conjure enemies by performing special magical gestures by the controller. The Unspoken provides a whole system of different magical gestures that must be studied to defeat enemies.
- Castlestorm VR is a classic strategy for fans of Angry Birds and the genre of defensive towers. Here you need to capture enemy castles and defend your own. The motion controller adds realism and tension to the game.
- Raw Data is an arcade shooter where main goal is to steal secret materials from a multinational corporation. Many game scenes take place in a closed virtual space, which creates a very exciting feeling when the player is approached by opponents in the form of androids.